OSDYLS - Open Source DIY Lasertag System #8 Prototyping the tagger case

Meanwhile I did some further modeling on the tagger and printed a first prototype for tests of space and handling. And of course I already found some things that are stupid or not very functional. Plus I forgot to add some gaps for the neopixel light effects. Anyway, the part in the blue rectangle is too angular, it just doesn´t feel good in handling. The section in the green rectangle is a tunnel for the radio antenna, actually it was dumb to keep it half closed on the right side, which I intended as room for a longer antenna if required. Apart from that speaker and display fit pretty well but the footing for the pcb should be wider, otherwise very tiny screws are required to not break the print.

Then there was a mass of support material required, so I deceided to print it at a 45° angle, however sadly this doesn´t reduce the printing time ~13h but at least a lot less wasted material. 
Did I mention I need a faster printer?
 

Anyway, I will print the other shell side before I am changing anything at all now but this design already told me that I need to model a different tagger once I am satisfied with this one. A simpler construct, which prints faster and consumes less material. This one here will be about 500-600g so roughly about 10 EUR.

Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSDYLS - Open Source DIY Lasertag System #7 IR communication

OSDYLS - Open Source DIY Lasertag System #6 testing all components with the S2 mini