OSDYLS - Open Source DIY Lasertag System #2

 Meanwhile I got already some of the parts...


 

 

The solenoid is pretty small so the recoil will probably feel a bit too weak but we will see. The IR diode came without any specs, I need to contact the chinese vendor about this or just get something else.

Due to lack of some other parts I started with some other testing, mechanic of the trigger *check*.  The spring is a 7x12,5mm from a spring collection but I assume it is also possible to get them without buying tons of other ;-) I´ll add links to the parts at a more final stage.



I also tested the FRAM with a tiny script, it works pretty well though I haven´t yet checked the hotplug capability. There comes a testscript with the lib from adafruit, however I reduced it to the really important stuff for the test:

#include "Adafruit_FRAM_I2C.h"

Adafruit_FRAM_I2C fram     = Adafruit_FRAM_I2C();

void setup(void) {
  Serial.begin(9600);
 
  if (fram.begin()) {  
    Serial.println("FRAM ok");
  } else {
    Serial.println("FRAM not ok");
    while (1);
  }
  delay(5000);
  Serial.print(fram.read(0x0));
  delay(5000);
  fram.write(0x0,133);
  delay(5000);
  Serial.print(fram.read(0x0));  
}
void loop(void) {
}

Due to the lack of a S1 Mini I used a D1 Mini for the test, make sure you connect the FRAM to 3,3V even if it can handle more it has to match the voltage of the D1 Mini.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSDYLS - Open Source DIY Lasertag System #7 IR communication

OSDYLS - Open Source DIY Lasertag System #6 testing all components with the S2 mini